Sunday, April 24, 2011

Girl Drama...Already

I hear Lucy screaming in the basement. Oran is yelling that Lucy painted her toes. Picturing nail polish everywhere, already planning the best way to clean it up, I run down stairs. Lucy is crying and trying to talk but I can't understand anything. Looking around I see a row of nail polish bottles, closed, in a line on my desk. I look at Lucy. I look at her painted toes; while not perfect the only nail polish I see is on her toes. I can't figure out why she is so upset. Maybe she doesn't like that she got some polish off her nail and on her skin. I use remover and start trying to clean them up a bit. I start on the left side taking some of the green off. Lucy starts calming down. I think I have it figured out. I move on to taking some of the pink polish off her skin and she starts getting more upset again and starts yelling "green, green". I move back to her pinkie toe and remove all the green polish. Instantly all the screaming and crying stops. Lucy looks at me and says, "Thanks, Mom. I don't like the green polish."
I don't know what surprises me more: The fact that my 2 1/2 year old painted her toes with multiple colors of polish without getting polish anywhere but on her toes OR That she screamed for 20 minutes because she painted two of her toes green and decided she didn't like green polish.

6 comments:

Jami said...

She did a really good job, you were right! haha so funny... sometimes I want to cry when I've spent so much time painting my nails just to not like the color too :D

Mandy said...

that is too funny. you got pretty lucky that's for sure.

Kristie said...

you are in for a handful when she starts applying makeup:-)

Sarah said...

A perfectionist. Good luck with that. I have absolutely no advice. :)

I don't much care for green nail polish either Lucy.

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Cutest story ever. I don't like green polish much either. :)

Mimi Collett said...

Hahaha and awesome :)