This afternoon while helping me straighten her room Lucy started talking about her birds (the ones on her mobile).
Lucy: "I want to hold my bird" said while cupping her hands.
Me: "The birds stay on the sticks, they can't come down."
Lucy: Looking at me with really big eyes, "At night they fly, fly, fly." She began flapping her arms and moving very fast around the room on her tip toes. "They fly, fly, fly. They pick me up and fly, fly, fly. Be careful Mom they bite your nose."
Me: "Really? They pick you up and fly?"
Lucy: "Yes! They fly, fly, fly. Be careful they bite your nose." She is quiet for a minute, "I have an idea! We need popcorn. Popcorn on the floor and make a nest. That's a good plan. The birds will fly, fly, fly. Eat popcorn. Sit in nest. I will catch bird. I will hold bird."
Me: "I could make you a bird to hold."
Lucy: "Two birds! Fly, fly, fly."
I have a feeling the next time we have popcorn some will be saved for the birds.
2 comments:
So cute!! How did she get so big?!
That's so sweet! Love kids and their minds! So, did you make her the two birds?! Is that what you worked on yesterday? :)
Post a Comment