Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Four Months...Already?

Lucy is our little jabberer! She loves waking up in the early hours of the day just to talk to herself for a half hour or so until she falls back asleep.
Some of her other favorite things:
  • fingers (hers and all others)
  • spitting
  • her feet
  • being naked
  • baths
  • wet washcloths
  • her mobile
  • being swaddled (it is the only way she will fall asleep)
  • Oran
She absolutely loves Oran! She will smile just hearing him. Anytime he gets close to her she reaches out her hand and tries to grab him. They have a game Oran started where he will lay beside her, sit next to her, or lean over her and wait to see what she will grab. He then says, as if teaching her, "Sucy*, hair" or Sucy, shirt" or "Sucy, toes". They both seem to love it. I love that they are already making up games together. I still remember some of the games I made up with my siblings ( I will refrain from sharing because I know my oldest brother is still in denial and a little sensitive about discussing them).
*Oran doesn't pronounce "L's" at the beginning of words, instead he will substitute it with the following sound so our Lucy is "Sucy".

Here is how Lucy compares to Oran at four months:
Lucy
weight: 15.2 pounds
height: 26.5 inches
Oran
weight: 16.3 pounds
height: 25.25 inches

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

She's adorable, Gillian!

m and a said...

Wow, she looks so big already! I can't wait to see her!

JoEllen said...

Oh Gillian - she is so cute! I love that outfit! I love that your little boy calls her "Sucy." That is adorable!

Sarah said...

Lucy is ADORABLE, just like her brother (who I am amazed is 2!). And the outfit is adorable and makes me wish I had a little girl to dress.

I think both your children are a good mix of you and Dan. Beautiful.